The following terms govern your access to and use of www.canadalifeinternational.ie (the “Website”). By using the Website, you confirm that you accept and shall comply at all times with these terms.
Other applicable terms
The following additional terms also apply to your use of the Website:
- Data Protection Notice – this sets out the terms upon which any personal data shall be processed.
The Canada Life group of companies in the United Kingdom (“UK”) (“Canada Life”) reserves the right to vary these terms and the Website without notice. Please check these terms and the Website regularly so you are aware of any such variations.
Audience and solicitation
The Website is intended for use by UK residents only. The Website does not constitute an offer or solicitation by Canada Life to buy or sell any investment and should not be used for the purpose of an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful or not authorised (including, but not limited to, the United States of America). Applications to invest in any fund listed on the Website must only be made on the basis of the relevant offer document (e.g. scheme particulars, prospectus or any other relevant document).
Nothing on the Website constitutes financial, investment or other professional advice and relevant advice should be sought prior to any financial or investment decision being made.
Although Canada Life makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Unless otherwise stated, Canada Life retains copyright in and/or has a right to use the contents of the Website (including text and graphics) and such contents shall not be copied, distributed, extracted, reused or modified without the express prior written consent of Canada Life unless for private, non-commercial use.
All other rights are reserved to Canada Life.
The Website may contain trademarks, service marks, logos, icons and company names which shall not be used without the express prior written consent of their respective owners.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Website terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised material or any other form (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Website:
- You warrant that any such contribution does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights, and you will be liable to Canada Life and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage Canada Life suffers as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Canada Life also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Canada Life has the right to remove any posting you make on the Website if, in Canada Life’s opinion, your post does not comply with the Website terms.
The value of investments and the income from them may go down as well as up and past performance is not a guide to future performance. You may not get back the amount you invested. Fluctuations may be greater in the case of a higher volatility fund.
The risk factors set out in these terms are not exhaustive and reference should be made to the relevant offer document (e.g. scheme particulars, prospectus or any other relevant document).
Canada Life makes no guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, or that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. Canada Life may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or nay part of the Website without notice for business or other operational reasons.
Canada Life will not be responsible or liable for losses or damages of any kind which arise in relation to the use of, inability to use (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any downtime or disruption to Website availability) or reliance on the Website and/or its contents or which arise in relation to any other matter relating to this Website and/or its contents to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Canada Life takes reasonable steps to ensure that the contents of the Website are accurate, complete and reliable however will not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions relating to the contents of the Website and shall be under no obligation to update the Website accordingly.
The Website may provide links to third party websites and third party websites may provide links to the Website. Canada Life does not endorse (unless otherwise stated), and will not be responsible or liable for the use, contents or unavailability of, linked third party websites.
Canada Life does not warrant that any linked third party website is free from viruses, errors or any other defects (malicious or otherwise).
Please see the Data Protection Notice.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and contents of the Website are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Accordingly, the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute relating to these terms and the Website.